Zoo Community Forum & Zoo Writers’ Guild
Sign in to follow this  
Cynolove693

Buddy- my last lover 6-18-2012 to 8-17-2015

Cynolove693    155

I Dedicate this thread to my best friend, I spent years with you; in those years I was the happiest I've ever been, you brong joy, comfort and love with you up until your very last day..

We spent everyday together and I would never trade a single one, I miss waking up to affectionate kisses to my face, I miss the funny things you would do that would turn even a bad day better..

You were so energetic and the light of my life, the memories of you still echo in my mind years later, the many nights of cuddling, holding you close, I swore I'd never let anything hurt you..

But fate had other plans.. It took you away from me with cancer, the heat of that last day was too much for you to bare; for years I couldn't stand to live without you, and felt so empty..  It pushed me down a dark path that nearly destroyed me..   

You don't know how much I miss you and wish you would have been here with me longer.. Ill always love you, and you will always be in my heart.. 

After two years of mourning, to pull myself out of a horrible depressed state, I got a new puppy, I've had him going on 6 months now.. I know you would have wanted me to move on and try to be happy again.. But here I honor the memories of you..

buddy_converted.jpg

Edited by Cynolove693

Cynolove693    155

I got you from a farm; my friend dropped you off, as a gift, a surprise for me.. You were so happy and playful, when u first walked up to me, I saw it..

The look in your eyes, a wag of your tail, you were mine.. I greeted you by getting down on my knees and you walked up and cuddle against me, giving me kisses..

I remember so much detail of the days you were with me because they were a blessing.. I watched you grow, we both did, you taught me how to love, even to forgive, you brong the best out in me..

Days that I wish I could relive, I held u close whenever I could, because you meant the world to me and I hope you knew that, i don't know why I question it, because I know you did..

You loved me as much as I loved you, never wanted to leave my side.. I miss the way you used to rest your head on my chest, and lay with me for hours while I pet u.. And how excited you'd get when I asked if you wanted to go for a car ride..

We had so much great memories together, memories that will be indefinite, like the camping trips we used to take; the hikes through the woods, you and me spending time together, it's all I ever needed..

At the time I had you it felt like nothing else mattered, you were everything, you were even more important than me, I loved you that much, more than myself..

The long nights of me staying up watching you sleep, thinking how lucky u was to have you, with all things comes and end sadly, but the love never ended, i wish I could see you again buddy, hold you in my arms and never let you go.. But I still hold you in my heart, I just want you to know..

Edited by Cynolove693
  • Like 2

Cynolove693    155

He was adorable, had a great personality, and friendly towards everyone he met.. He was always happy; seeing that unconditional love and curiousness in him made me happy as well, I miss him a lot..

Edited by Cynolove693
  • Like 1

Cynolove693    155

Only other Pic I have of him sadly.. I remember this day, we had just got done spending time at the beach, that was a great day.. :x He was my best friend; I think of you every day buddy..

ic-5932.jpg

Edited by Cynolove693

Cynolove693    155

It is amazing how much they touch your soul and have the puriest and most honest love around 

I couldn't agree more with that :x

Cynolove693    155

Only other Pic I have of him sadly.. I remember this day, we had just got done spending time at the beach, that was a great day.. :x He was my best friend; I think of you every day buddy..

ic-5932.jpg

He loved to go swimming, we used to go up to the beach once a week and he'd run around, then jump into the lake.. I remember the first time he jumped into the water the splash was new to him, and he started to bite at the water.. It never ceased to amuse me or him ^_^

Edited by Cynolove693

silverwolf1    192

He loved to go swimming, we used to go up to the beach once a week and he'd run around, then jump into the lake.. I remember the first time he jumped into the water the splash was new to him, and he started to bite at the water.. It never ceased to amuse me or him ^_^

​The Lab I have now, like all labs, loves to swim but she too bites the water! It is the cutest, most endearing little thing! I'm glad you had a time in your life that Buddy was a part of, and am sorry for the loss you still feel.

sw

• Like 1

Cynolove693    155

​The Lab I have now, like all labs, loves to swim but she too bites the water! It is the cutest, most endearing little thing! I'm glad you had a time in your life that Buddy was a part of, and am sorry for the loss you still feel.

sw

Thank you for the sympathy, what hurts the most is how little time we had together, how he shouldnt have got cancer so young.. But then again it seems everytime I have a dog in my life something separates me from them, all of the dogs I've owned in the past (except bud) I've had to rehome because of moving and not being able to take them with me; not to also mention the time my stupid ass fell for a dog that wasn't mine. It hurts a lot thinking about how little of time I've had with each animal I've loved.. I hope that this time it's different..

Cynolove693    155

Id just like to add that the times I've rehomed my dogs in the past; it was always a last resort deal, for a while my living situation was rocky, so i found my past dogs good stable loving homes, instead of resorting to a shelter, and it killed me inside to do it, but at those times I had no other choice..

When bud passed away from cancer I told myself I'd never get a dog again because I can't bear to lose another one, and honestly if the situation came where I had to choose between a house and my current dog, I'd be temporarily homeless, (even though I own a 5th wheel.. so now that wouldn't be a problem) ; I'd choose my dog this time.. It hurts to much to give up someone you love..

Actaeon    101

"Your Wings Were Ready But My Heart Was Not"

Awww...that's really sweet. :')

Cynolove693    155

0a815d06908c3aad5971e61f02acfc63.jpg

Thank you for this dane layer; that is sweet, and so true :$

I Tried to like the post, but got a message saying your only allowed to give 10 likes per day...

silverwolf1    192

I Tried to like the post, but got a message saying your only allowed to give 10 likes per day...

​That's odd. I haven't changed anything either. Hmm...

sw

Cynolove693    155

​That's odd. I haven't changed anything either. Hmm...

sw

That is odd because it's letting me like other posts, just not this one??? Ive tried several times now... -_-

Edited by Cynolove693

Cynolove693    155

That is odd because it's letting me like other posts, just not this one??? Ive tried several times now... -_-

It finally let me :)

Cynolove693    155

I Saw this earlier and teared up reading it, bud was my family.. Far more than "just a dog"

pawprints-quote_0.jpg

Edited by Cynolove693

Actaeon    101

"My heart will always wear...the pawprints left by you." Wow. I'm getting tears in my coffee. :')

These are all great sentiments. I wonder if a separate thread could be started just for inspirational verses like these, including "Rainbow Bridge" and "The Silver Harness"? Something for people to read when they're feeling low after the loss of a pet, and they need to know they're not alone in their grief.

Cynolove693    155

I can do that.

sw

Glad to see the new subforum silverwolf1, It's nice to see this thread was an inspiration to make it.. thank you actaeon for suggesting its creation as well.. I feel it will be of help to people..

Cynolove693    155

You brong with you the deepest love I've experienced with any dog, Buddy.. I wish I could go back in time and relive those moments..

2c499b6cf79da9c7095d0a7f58bf083a.jpg

Edited by Cynolove693