Zoo Community Forum & Zoo Writers’ Guild
Sign in to follow this  
Dane layer

What type of hobbies do you have?

Dane layer    111

I am into exploring ghost towns and mines, photorgrapy, and playing games ever now and again and spending time with the critters 

silverwolf1    192

Another Photographer! Great! 

I also write (a lot LOL!), am an avid gardener, love to draw, read way more than I probably should, study Archaeology and Mythology fer fun, am a woodworker when I can, and love to hike.

Horses and their training, and driving, is not only an occupation for me, but remains a fun hobby as well. 

My time is already quite full, but I still discover fun things to try almost daily. Our hobbies keep us young!

I play video games - currently playing my way through Skyrim which I never actually finished, but I've been so into it this time.

I've also taken up sewing, although I haven't made much amazing stuff yet... I'm learning, though!

I'm ashamed to admit I spend most of my non-dog time on the internet like the loser I am! xD

• Like 2

Video games are a hobby of mine as well.

They also make me fat.

​Cakes n steaks made me fat... but video games have kept me that way, haha. I don't mind. I'm kinda plush this way! ^_^

• Like 2

Actaeon    101

I like building scale models, mostly aircraft (the static, dust-gathering kind, not remote control).

Bear28    26

I love hiking and exploring. I also love poking around ghost town. Old cimitarys. And the runes of old places. I also love diging through historical landfill  you find intresting junk that way. I also love reading and writing. Camping that I so need to go do here soon. 

silverwolf1    192

I love hiking and exploring. I also love poking around ghost town. Old cimitarys. And the runes of old places. I also love diging through historical landfill  you find intresting junk that way. I also love reading and writing. Camping that I so need to go do here soon. 

​Oh! I love dump searching too in old dump sites! Have a helluva antique bottle collection from doing just that!

sw

ferritlove    16

I've never heard of historical dump sites... sounds fascinating!  How do you track down something like that?

silverwolf1    192

I use old maps of cities and towns to find out where the dump was, also search natural ravines and creek-beds near old farms and churches, as these were often family dump sites.

sw

Cynolove693    155

My hobbies consist of gardening, (I'm a MM caregiver) playing music; I play guitar, bass, and drums.. But I'd have to say my biggest Hobbie is learning more about the craft (pagan religion).. Other than that I mostly just chill with my dog all day, and am completely content with that.., i don't get out much..

Bear28    26

Ya some times when you do research on old junk you find you learn some interesting history. I have a few pint bottles from Nationl Destillers. Which was one of the few company's who could legally manufacture alchole during Proabition ( for medical uses of course)

• Like 1

ferritlove    16

That's a great back story on something most would just overlook... I use alcohol for medical purposes all the time, especially for stress relief.

• Like 1

caikgoch    34

I like fine old machines, the more powerful the better.  Guns, cars, tractors, you name it.

• Like 2

Cynolove693    155

Would you consider coming on this forum a hobby?? , I'm on here everyday lol.. Hard to believe that in just 2 months I've made almost 500 posts o.O Heres to another 500! :D

egoldstein    37

I have a number of hobbies, some would probably say I have more hobbies than sense.

I'm an odd collection of hobbies, astronomy is a perenial favorite, both viewing and telescope making. I loosely follow paleontology, botany, and entomology, plus a fair bit of behavioral science. I like working on mechanical and hydraulic systems, computers and networking, gardening, and studying philosophy. It's hard predicting what will grab my interest next.

• Like 2